Kadence Theme Pro is a plugin that adds additional functionality to the free Kadence Theme. You will need this plugin installed and activated on your site in order to use the Kadence Pro Starter Templates. You will likely also need to install the Kadence Blocks Pro plugin as well.
Installing the Kadence Theme Pro plugin is easy. Just follow the following steps.
How to install Kadence Theme Pro
- Login to your Kadence account on KadenceWP.com.
- Click on “Product Downloads” to access the product zip files.
- Download the Kadence Theme Pro zip file to your hard drive.
- Next, navigate to your WordPress site’s administrative panel. Head to Plugins > Add New.
- At the top of the page, you will see a button that says “Upload Plugin. Click Upload Plugin, then Choose File.
- This will open a dialogue showing your hard drive contents. Find the “kadence-pro.zip” file that you downloaded and select it.
- Click Install Now.
- Next, you’ll see a blue button that says Activate Plugin. Click this to make the plugin active in your WordPress dashboard.
- Next, go to Appearance > Kadence. On the right side, you’ll see an area that will need a license key and your license email entered. You’ll get these from your KadenceWP.com account.
- Navigate to your account area of KadenceWP.com and click on Product API keys.
- Copy both the license key and your license email to your WordPress admin dashboard and click Activate.
Once you have Kadence Theme Pro plugin activated, you can toggle on any of the addons you’d like to activate. These include:
- Header Addons. Adds 19 elements to the header builder.
- Conditional Headers. Build Extra Headers to display conditionally.
- Ultimate Menu. Adds menu options for mega menus, highlight tags, icons and more.
- Header/Footer Scripts. Adds options into the WordPress Customizer to add header and footer scripts.
- Hooked Elements. Add content anywhere into your site conditionally. This is what you’ll need for Kadence Elements Templating.
- WooCommerce Addons. Adds new options into the customizer for WooCommerce stores.
- Infinite Scroll. Adds infinite scrolling for archive pages.
- Color Palette Switch (Dark Mode). Adds a color palette switch so you can create a dark mode for your website.
- Local gravatars. Local gravatars from your servers to improve site performance.
- Archive custom settings. Allows you to assign custom display settings for taxonomies.